Although not 100% like Japanese mochi, the next manner of constructing mochi with rice paper will allow you to “simplify” mochi proper at house.
This rice paper mochi recipe was shared by an abroad account. Those who like to cook dinner and wish to make variations can expertise the next Vietnamese model of mochi with rice paper.
Ingredients for making mochi with rice paper
With a serving of about 3-4 truffles, you should use about 3-4 potatoes and about 180ml of milk.
- Purple candy potato (or candy potato, crimson bean, cheese… relying in your desire) for filling
- Sugar, contemporary milk (with or with out sugar non-obligatory),
- Corn flour (about 30g), a bit flour to make the cake
How to make mochi with rice paper
– Boil potatoes, puree and add flour, sugar (relying on style), milk and blend nicely. At this level, don’t add milk too shortly to keep away from loosening the potato combination. Add the milk and flour (about 1 tablespoon) steadily till the combination is thick. Too liquid can be troublesome to wrap with rice paper.
– Dip the rice paper into the water. Be cautious to not make rice paper soaked with water as a result of it’ll trigger the filling to spill out. Then, you add the potato combination after which the cheese within the center.
– Wrap it up in a circle, minimize off the surplus rice paper and use a bit sticky rice flour to cowl, keep away from sticking to the cake. You can take pleasure in instantly or refrigerate.
Good luck with this artistic cake.
Source: Bangkok Foodie by way of Lost Bird
> Read the most recent information right now
Discussion about this post