What are the characteristics and needs of “neighboring” friends in Thailand? Let’s find out the following psychological characteristics of Thai tourists.
The psychological characteristics of Thai tourists are not too different or more specific than those of previous countries. Therefore, understanding and understanding the psychology of this group of tourists is not only not too difficult, but also easy to bring about possible results for the tourism industry, because Thailand has always been a friendly neighbor. The number of tourists ranked 4th in the group of Asian visitors to Vietnam in the first quarter of 2020 (according to the General Department of Tourism).
Want to relax?
According to a survey from Booking.com published Bangkok Post recorded, about 89% of Thai respondents said that “giving yourself time to relax is an important motivator to travel”. Additionally, 78% said their motivation to travel is “going to places my friends have never been”.
Have a nostalgic mentality
According to the same survey, Thai people confirm that “nostalgia” has a great influence on their travel habits. 77% of respondents said that they travel to “rediscover the good times of the past”. Controlling this mentality, tourism people in Vietnam will have a loyal number of Thai tourists.
Some psychological characteristics of Thai tourists must be mentioned as follows:
- Personal safety, cleanliness and delicious local food are the main factors for Thai people to choose a destination;
- Visitors from Thailand also said that being physically active and having experiences they couldn’t have at home were important motivating factors in making them decide to travel to another country.
Regardless of whether it is a tourist, it will be timid and difficult to open up with locals about the habits of their home country. Therefore, understanding and respecting the common behaviors and habits of an ethnic group will help tourists conquer tourists, create a more open and attached mentality in tourists, especially with locals. Nostalgic travel like Thai people. The following are typical behaviors and cultural features associated with Thai people.
- Thai people often wash their feet and hands when returning home. Most men and women will run to the bathroom and wash their feet after returning from the outdoors. This is because most Thais consider the feet to be the lowest part of the body;
- Thailand may not be the land of cheese but that certainly doesn’t stop Thais from enjoying pizza in bulk! Thais often pour mayo and ketchup over pizza of any kind. For most Westerners, this may seem like a strange combination;
- Most women aged 15-35 will wear mini skirts with shorts underneath. It can be seen that even in summer, when the temperature is high, many women wear shorts of different colors underneath their skirts;
- Thai people like to add ice to tea, whiskey, coffee. Thais can feel cold with coats and scarves, but that doesn’t stop them from adding ice to their drinks;
- Thai people tend to buy lottery tickets. Not everyone is like that, but most Thai people have a belief in luck and spiritual things;
- Many street vendors in Thailand use plastic bags to store food and drinks, so Thai people will not be too harsh or surprised in being handed food in plastic bags (definitely clean). Please).
Reference: Nationality influences travel habits | Bangkok Post
Discussion about this post