In addition to the brilliant spots when it comes to funding attraction and infrastructure growth for tourism, the event of tourism in Ho HCM nonetheless has shortcomings and limitations.
Editor’s Word: As a significant occasion of the tourism trade, the Vietnam Tourism Conference 2021 was profitable with many opinions exchanged and assessed the impression of the Covid-19 epidemic on the tourism trade, alternatives and challenges posed to tourism. Vietnam calendar within the “post-Covid” interval.
Taking place in 1 day, along with the change of concepts and discussions on the Conference, there are additionally many priceless opinions and views acquired by many specialists, scientists, researchers, managers, associations. associations, tourism companies despatched to.
In the next, we wish to introduce to readers the subject “Vietnam’s tourism recovery and development” is a group of statements, discussions, articles within the convention paperwork by the content material editors of the group. The National Assembly’s Committee on Culture and Education shall coordinate with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to implement it.
Here is the tip of the article “PRACTICAL DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF LOCAL POLICIES AND MECHANISM FOR TOURISM DEVELOPMENT; PROPOSED, RECOMMENDATION” belong to Mr. Phan Van Mai – Member of the Party Central Committee, Chairman of the City People’s Committee. Ho Chi Minh City Related to limitations and challenges that metropolis tourism. HCM encountered.
PRACTICAL DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF LOCAL POLICIES AND MECHANISM FOR TOURISM DEVELOPMENT; PROPOSED, RECOMMENDATION
Phan Van Mai – Member of the Party Central Committee, Chairman of the City People’s Committee. Ho Chi Minh City
I. Highlights in attracting funding and creating tourism within the metropolis
1. The orientation and enchancment of establishments and insurance policies to advertise tourism growth
3. In attracting funding in infrastructure growth
II. Limitations and challenges
Besides the achieved outcomes, town’s tourism growth nonetheless has shortcomings and limitations:
1. The difficult growth of the COVID-19 epidemic from the primary months of 2020 to now has been spreading globally, “if the COVID-19 epidemic is like a hurricane, the tourism industry is the center of the world. affection”; International tourism activities of Vietnam in general and of Ho Chi Minh City in particular were severely affected, indicators of tourism industry development dropped sharply compared to 81 in the same period in 2019, reaching % of the plan. Tourism development is very low, especially from the end of March to the end of now, there are 0 international visitors to the city and there are many medium and large enterprises that have to stop operating, this greatly affects the development orientation. Developing tourism industry The city “becomes a leading vibrant tourist destination in Asia, where visitors can experience the distinct values of cultural heritage, lifestyle in a smart city, bring flourishing and emotional on every journey”.
2. Through the survey, most components of the City’s tourism ecosystem have not yet operated effectively, especially direct service providers, tourism support networks and infrastructure. . In which, there are inherent shortcomings and limitations of the tourism industry management agency, but there are also many shortcomings stemming from the particularity of the “basic financial system” and the “interdisciplinary, inter-related” magnetism. region, inter-level, inter-agency” of the tourism trade, requiring businesses, models and the entire political system to essentially take part in implementing options to contribute to selling town’s tourism trade. develop. In addition, monetary, infrastructure, and different assets, in addition to not considering the robust funding within the tourism trade in investing in social infrastructure works, result in many initiatives after development. completed development with out components of tourism growth or if you wish to exploit tourism, you’ll encounter mechanisms and insurance policies and incur expensive investments.
3. Enterprises doing enterprise within the discipline of tourism are principally small and medium-sized, micro- and small-sized tourism enterprises, with out worldwide enterprises. Therefore, when a pressure majeure state of affairs happens, such because the current Covid-19 pandemic, the power of tourism companies to “survive and maintain operations” by means of the pandemic continues to be restricted.
4. Although international tourism promotion has improved in high quality and scale, it has not absolutely exploited the promoting effectiveness, and has not linked companies, particularly international enterprises to take part and make investments. spend money on the City.
5. Although the safety and order state of affairs of tourism has modified, it isn’t sustainable. Complicated and recurrent issues equivalent to peddling; theft; fraudulent taxis, appropriating property of vacationers; The state of affairs of international vacationers violating Vietnam’s legal guidelines continues to be occurring at a excessive fee, making a reluctance of home and international traders to spend money on tourism growth.
From the achieved outcomes and difficulties and limitations, particularly within the context of the tourism trade being closely affected by the COVID-19 epidemic. Over the previous time, the Party and State have had a coverage to advertise decentralization between the Government and native authorities and have been concretized by means of the Government’s resolutions and decrees, the guiding circulars of the specialised administration ministries. department. The promotion of decentralization for native governments has had an vital and efficient impact within the implementation of administrative reform. The decentralization between the Government and native authorities, when promoted, will meet the necessities of administrative reform, make sure the constant route and administration of the Government, and promote the initiative and creativity of the federal government. localities in any respect ranges, contributing to enhancing the effectiveness and effectivity of state administration, streamlining the executive equipment. Therefore, the City proposes to the Government to proceed to decentralize and authorize the City to proceed to use particular preferential insurance policies in attracting funding and creating high-quality tourism within the metropolis. Specifically:
1. Proposing the Government to direct the Ministry of Finance to contemplate the next contents
Regarding company revenue tax: Reduce 50% of company revenue tax (CIT) payable in 2021, proceed to cut back 30% CIT in 2022 and 2023 for tourism companies with annual income of lower than 200 billion VND . Acceptable to be deducted from the price of calculating CIT of all prices of epidemic prevention and management of enterprises equivalent to: prices of COVID-19 testing and medical remedy (if any); bills for meals, dwelling, bills for private protecting tools. Exemption and discount of company revenue tax for the primary 10 years (because the enterprise is topic to this tax) and different incentives in accordance with the Government’s Decree 31/2021/ND-CP dated March 26, 2021 on rules detailing and guiding the implementation of quite a lot of articles of the funding regulation.
Regarding private revenue tax: Exemption from private revenue tax for workers incomes incomes from wages and salaries topic to degree 1 and degree 2 tax. No private revenue tax for help bills direct money help to staff to stop the COVID-19 epidemic and implement choice 3 on the spot of tourism companies.
Regarding land lease: Proposal to cut back 100% of land lease payable in 2021 for tourism and tourism-related companies as a result of the tourism sector is immediately and hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Regarding tax fee extension: Proposal to increase the tax fee extension time in accordance with Decree No. 52/2021/ND-CP dated April 19, 2021 of the Government till the tip of the second quarter of 2022. No effective for late declaration. tax in 2021 because of the results of social distancing to stop the epidemic within the spirit of Directive No. 16/CT-TTg of the Prime Minister.
Regarding value-added tax: 50% discount of value-added tax fee (VAT) of the final 3 months of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
2. Proposing the Government to direct the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
Support the City with funds within the Tourism Infrastructure Investment Support Program to construct tourism infrastructure in the important thing vacationer areas of Ho Chi Minh City and neighboring provinces to be able to contribute high-quality tourism growth a part of the City. At the identical time, advise the Government to concretize preferential insurance policies for tourism growth in Clause 5, Article 1 of the Law on Tourism in 2017 in accordance with the Politburo’s guiding view on tourism growth: “Tourism development becoming a spearhead economic sector is an important strategic orientation for the country’s development, creating a driving force for the development of other industries and fields. Tourism development is really a general economic service industry, with interdisciplinary, inter-regional, focused, key, effective, brand name and high competitiveness; highly socialized and has profound cultural content; strengthen domestic and international linkages, attach importance to linkages between the tourism industry and other industries and fields in the value chain to form tourism products” and purpose to appreciate the purpose of creating tourism right into a change into “a spearhead economic sector, a driving force for rapid and sustainable socio-cultural development”.
Discussion about this post