Following the previous article, the following article continues to analyze tourism in Ninh Thuan province under the next two angles: Opportunities and challenges that the province is facing.
Refer to previous post:
Opportunities for tourism in Ninh Thuan province
1. Ninh Thuan is renewable energy center of Vietnam, creating a premise for the development of renewable energy tourism.
2. Thanh Son Airport If implemented, it will be a strong lever for Ninh Thuan tourism industry in particular and for Ninh Thuan economy in general.
By not having to build a new civil station but only need to upgrade it to put it into commercial use, the province can save money and time in implementing this project.
3. In the medium term, Cam Lam – Vinh Hao expressway When put into operation, it will increase the connectivity of Ninh Thuan – Khanh Hoa – Binh Thuan, shorten the travel time from Cam Ranh airport.
4. Potential of mud minerals: Through preliminary survey results, the mineral mud here has good quality, does not contain harmful substances, the estimated reserve is over 30,000 tons (newly discovered in Suoi Da village, Loi Hai commune, district). Thuan Bac).
Hence, type of tourism combined with bathing and healing such as hot springs Nhi Ha and Tan My communes have high development opportunities.
5. In addition to the advantages of sea and islands and terrain, Ninh Thuan also owns a system of national parks and rich cultural heritages, creating opportunities for tourism to explore and promote community tourism activities in the province. .
Crystal Bay investor – the owner of a large tourism land fund in Ninh Thuan and a strategic investor of the province – over the years has had many marketing campaigns to create a destination in Ninh Thuan. These campaigns will have a positive impact on the market as a whole.
Challenges for tourism in Ninh Thuan province
1. Ninh Thuan I and II Nuclear Power Plant Projects, although suspended by the Government in 2016, are still likely to be restarted in the medium and long term. If these projects are restarted, Ninh Thuan’s tourism industry will be more or less affected: Tourist sites and projects selling resort real estate products near nuclear plants will make tourists afraid.
2. The draft of the master plan for the development of the national airport and airport system in the 2021 – 2030 period does not currently include Thanh Son Airport. Therefore, the start of project implementation will only be possible in the long term, or at the fastest medium term (after 5 years).
3. Fresh water source: Ninh Thuan’s tourism growth leads to a large demand for fresh water. The Southern Institute of Irrigation Planning once proposed to convert Dam Nai from a saltwater lagoon to a freshwater lagoon by building sluice-dams at the gate.
3. The shortage of high-quality human resources will also be a challenge for the province’s tourism industry, especially for large-scale resort projects.
4. Competition from localities such as Phu Yen, Binh Dinh, Binh Thuan, Lam Dong in attracting human resources, investment capital in tourism or tourists, buyers of resort real estate.
5. Ninh Thuan’s tourism products do not have their own characteristics compared to other localities in the same region, leading to the fact that tourism products in the whole region are still quite monotonous in general.
In short, the most notable opportunity coming from infrastructure is Thanh Son airport – great expectation for Ninh Thuan tourism. Besides, the scarcity of fresh water in daily life and production will be a challenge that the province needs to find a way to solve and cope with.
From the research report on the tourism and tourism real estate market in the quadrangle of Khanh Hoa, Lam Dong, Ninh Thuan and Binh Thuan ordered by Crystal Bay Group for CBRE to execute, we bring to our readers the reliable information and forecasts on the economic and tourism situation in Ninh Thuan province – one of the four peaks of the tourism quadrangle.